Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Human Trinity

Easter is a time to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.

It's also a time to remember the human trinity:

I am Judas.
Did my own thing and went my own way.
Handed Christ over on a very dark day.

I am Barabbas.
Imprisoned and guilty, that was me.
Christ took my place and set me free.

I am Simon of Cyrene.
It wasn't my plan but I carried the cross
As I walked, I labored and shared in the loss


A sinner I am and my fate is quite bleak,
Unless I rely on a Savior, I'm weak.
I've been given a gift that I don't deserve,
So Christ must come first, He's the one I will serve.

I am indebted to Christ, who gave up His life on earth so I could share mine with Him in heaven.  I am also inspired by Pastor Bill Evans, who shared how these characters in the Passion Story two thousand years ago are living parables for us today.


For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

No comments: