Thursday, November 20, 2008

Prayer of a Four Year Old

I wish I could have taped this conversation that my son had with God at the dinner table tonight. I'll do the next best thing, which is to memorialize it here. He said grace, and here's what he said:



Thank you God for giving us good food to eat.
Thank you God for plants.
Thank you God for Grandma coming tomorrow.
Thank you God for giving us a car for all our adventures.
Thank you God for toys and Mad Trax and...
Thanks, thank you God.
Amen


I kid you not. The boy really talks like this! I had a lump in my throat and my eyes got teary when I opened them (we usually hold hands and close our eyes). And, he actually ate part of his dinner, which was another thrill.


Being home for dinner with my family practically every night, having daily adventures and learning through the fresh eyes of my children make the toughest job in the world the best job in the world.

No comments: