Sunday, February 24, 2008

Throwing Down the Gauntlet

Well gang, the time has come.... As one member of a DINK (dual income no kids) union, I never expected to have kids. Now, I have two wonderful kids and I've been home fulltime to care for them for the last 4 years. Get this, I actually love it!!!! I do not want to go back to the rat race of the corporate world!!!!

So, here's the challenge. DH wants me to get a good paying job (aka rat race) once the kids are in school. I still feel the need to be home, at least when they get home. I also don't want a big chunk of my income to go to aftercare programs if I work a traditional fulltime job. Can I make some decent money on my own schedule? Can I earn a decent income while unworking from home? This space is my quest to achieve it. Tune in and see if I can make $40,000/yr in four years.

No comments: